We are looking for a qualified, creative, energetic Engineering Manager who can monitor and develop the technical skills of the current Back-End Engineering Team; take charge of growing the team, on both individual and organizational levels; support and allocate suitable resource for the project.
- Act as technical lead of Back-End Engineering Team.
- Advise solutions for the technical challenges and issues.
- Train engineers to make sure they reach and improve skills, based on LINE's standard levels.
- As part of the Organizational Growth Team, create impacts on both individual and organizational level. You'll coach and mentor engineers to help them grow, and see if their development is reflected during the performance appraisal.
- Be on the front-line of our Talent Acquisition efforts: you'll join in the Recruitment and Employer Branding activities to attract and hire top talents.
- Strong experiences in shipping high-quality web applications (server-side)
- Deep, hands-on programming experiences using Java/Golang/Python
- Significant experiences leading a team in the delivery of web applications for PC and mobile
- Knowledge of Accessibility, Usability, and Security standards
- Strong track record of building and growing a highly productive software engineering team
- Experience developing Internet products with high usability
- Experience developing iOS and Android mobile client applications
- Experience in Front-End development
- Direct experience in open-source projects and community activities
- A strong desire to learn and share tech knowledge
Who is the most suitable candidate?
- Desire to research and apply new technologies
- Challenge-welcoming mindset
- User-first perspective when developing services
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate high-level strategy and technical details across disciplines, locations, and teams
- Public speaking skills
- Package: Competitive package, including 13th month salary, and performance bonus every 6 months on top of monthly salary.
- Allowances: Monthly team-building, transportation, and language training allowances
- Fully-paid company trip, monthly Happy Friday, and various events throughout the year
- Fully-paid social insurance and premium health insurance for employees and their family
- Corporate stock options
- Top-notch equipment & tool
- Facilities for efficient working and winding down
- Exclusive LINE Store gift code for LINERs
- Opportunity to collaborate with a global team (Japan, Korea, Thailand, China, and Taiwan);
- Professional development via Corporation-exclusive tech conferences and events