We are looking for a data engineer, to join our effort on utilizing data to improve our users' experience. LINE is an internet technology company, which provides various services to our users, including our messenger service with more than 100 million active users around the globe.
Our services generate a huge amount of data, which has already exceeded 250PB, and is still growing. To improve our services via means such as data analysis and machine learning technology, we need engineers to manage and process these data to make them useful.
In this position, you will have responsibility in developing, operating and improving systems and processes to process data.
- You will work as a member of a global team, managing the core data set in LINE, and developing technology to maintain them.
- You will work on distributed systems to process big data e.g. Hadoop ecosystem; you will be developing and maintaining queries and jobs that runs on such technology.
- You will work on stabilizing and scaling such processes, both by technical solutions and optimizing operations.
- You will have to understand about services, their data, and also stakeholders using the data to design and improve the data set you maintain.
- You will be heavily using variations of SQL to process and investigate big data, as well as use Python to automize your processes. Your skills in Java and other programming languages will help you in both reading codes of other systems generating data, as well as system development to enhance the systems you maintain.
- 3+ years’ experience in processing SQL, preferably on data warehouses; or having experience in software engineer/ internet services.
- Reading and writing skills in English is required.
- As a specialist in using big data (data engineer, machine learning engineer, data scientist).
- Experience as an engineer, building and/or operating distributed big data systems, such as Hadoop ecosystem.
- Using and managing workflow managing systems, such as AirFlow.
- Experience in working on projects that spans over multiple products.
- Experience in developing systems using Java and/or Python.
- Verbal and written communication skills in languages such as Japanese.
Who is the most suitable candidate?
- Challenge-welcoming mindset.
- User-first perspective when developing services.
- Good balance of the desire to deliver the best technical solution, while finding a realistic solution that brings the largest impact to the service.
- Package: Competitive package, including 13th month salary, and performance bonus every 6 months on top of monthly salary.
- Allowances: Monthly team-building, transportation, and language training allowances
- Fully-paid company trip, monthly Happy Friday, and various events throughout the year
- Fully-paid social insurance and premium health insurance for employees and their family
- Corporate stock options
- Top-notch equipment & tool
- Facilities for efficient working and winding down
- Exclusive LINE Store gift code for LINERs
- Opportunity to collaborate with a global team (Japan, Korea, Thailand, China, and Taiwan);
- Professional development via Corporation-exclusive tech conferences and events